Colorado is known for mountains. With CBMG you’ll travel intimately through the most exciting and exhilarating places Colorado mountaineering has to offer. Mountaineering is one of the most rewarding activities you can do, using your technical rock and snow skills, route finding, and outdoor savvy to summit a peak! While you don’t need to have all of these skills, our guides do – and would like to show you what it’s like to stand on top of the world. All Colorado mountaineering ascents may include roped rock and/or snow climbing.
Looking to summit one of the famous Colorado 14er’s? Whether it is your first mountaineering excursion or you are a seasoned Colorado fourteener veteran looking to finish off all 54, our guides can offer you a safe, fun, and challenging experience. We offer custom guided tours to many of the Colorado 14er’s, and during all different seasons. Come try a coveted winter mountaineering ascent or ski of some of the famous Sawatch & Collegiate Range 14er’s. Or, challenge your skills with a technical roped spring climb of Crestone Peak & Crestone Needle, famously two of the most difficult Colorado 14er’s to summit. Whatever you choose our guides can offer you a cutom-designed Colorado Mountaineering trip to fit your skills, time frame, and dreams…..
Join us on one of the following routes from which to learn, practice, and put to use snow and alpine rock climbing skills:
- The “S-Couloir” on Purple Peak (12,810′)
- Treasury Mountain’s twin “Whine Couloirs” (13,461′)
- Mount Crested Butte’s easy 5th class “Guide Ridge” & “Sunset Ridge” (12,162′)
- Teocalli Mountain’s “North Couloirs” (13,209′)
- Many routes on the Whiterock Mountain Massif (13,318′)
- Plus many other less traveled local “ultra-classic” routes in the Elk Mountains
Colorado Fourteener Guided Climbs
Such famous Colorado 14,000′ peaks as:
- Crestone Needle, Crestone Peak, Humboldt Peak
- Blanca Peak, Ellingwood Point
- Mount Elbert, La Plata Peak
- Mount Harvard, Mount Columbia, Mount Princeton, Mount Yale.
- Mount Missouri, Mount Belford, Mount Oxford
- Mount Antero, Mount Shavano, Mount Tabeguache